Bill,

The 3990-6 accepts PPRC commands, but you cannot specify the LSS parm.

For the 3990 to accept the LSS parm it would have to support Logical
SubSystems. I don't think that has happened.

The Advanced Copy Services Manual states:

"Note: LSS number is required if the storage control supports logical
subsystems (like the ESS) and not allowed if the storage control does not
support logical subsystems."

This restriction is noted for CESTPAIR, CESTPATH, CGROUP, CRECOVER,
CSUSPEND, CDELPAIR, and CDELPATH.

My experience is that the PPRC API will reject a command to a 3990 emulated
device if LSS is specified, and also reject a command to an ESS if LSS is
not specified.

In the case of a HDS device seen as a 2105 by MVS, but using 3990 emulation
for the TrueCopy links, the API will require the LSS parm because MVS sees a
2105. However, TrueCopy is operating as a 3990 and it will reject a command
with LSS specified.

Ron