Mmmmm - I was at a tech presentation by IBM a couple of weeks back.
Selection for dispatch on a zIIP is likely to be severely more limited
than Wayne intimates. From the IBM FAQ;
"Eligible work that can be directed to the zIIP are portions of those
requests made from the application server, to the host, via SQL calls
over a DRDA® over TCP/IP connection."
This is _very_ specific - work cannot be selected if generated from the
same LPAR for example. Work originating from a Linux LPAR on same CEC
(using hipersockets) is o.k.
Not all eligible work will be redispatched on the zIIP - this will be
decided by IBM (marketing ???) - maybe only 40% will be eligible. It
appears the customer (or code) will have no means of influencing this.

Star schema parallel queries and some (DB2) utility workloads are also
mooted as eligible - in these cases including workloads originating on
the same environment. Seems this support is "less mature".

Shane ...