I've exhausted the FDR docs, and searched... but I'm struggling to come up with a way to do what I think is a simple task..

I need to create a dump of multiple datasets that

        a)exist on multiple SMS volumes
        b)accessed via catalog search
        c)the output goes to one dataset on disk

Now in DFDSS, its simple, i just code something like

        DUMP DATASET(INCLUDE(blah,blah)) OUTDD(OUT)  etc etc

I've tried DSF, but it seems to insist on specifying all the input volumes in JCL and a matching TAPEx DD for the output. Also looked as FDRAPPL, as it allows catalog search (CATDSN=), but again seems to want a separate output dataset for each input disk volume, and then even worse it doesn't allow the output datasets on SMS volumes (FDR324 REASON R)...

I've used FDR on and off for 20+ years (but not much in the past 5) and realise that it has its roots as a volume based product, but i find it hard to beleive that in the SMS world we now live in, it can't do this.

I just can't see a way to do it.. have I missed something?

Regards

Roy