From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Mark Steely
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 11:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: IRA400E

Several day ago we received the following messages:

IRA400E 04,PAGEABLE STORAGE SHORTAGE
IRA403E PXXXXXXX SWAPPED TO RECLAIM PROCESSOR STORAGE; 0000001759 PAGES
0000000117 FIXED etc.......

Then we received:

IRA401E 04,CRITICAL PAGEABLE STORAGE SHORTAGE
IRA403E IOAOSASF SWAPPED TO RECLAIM PROCESSOR STORAGE; 0000002057 PAGES
0000000057 FIXED
etc......

The system locked up and we had to IPL.

We are z/OS V1R4 and we have RMF and CA-SYSVIEW. What can we do to
prevent this from happening again. Are there reports we can run or an
alert we can  set-up if an address space goes wild and starts eating up
storage. Any help would be appreciated. If you have an example of a
report we could execute to help determine which task are using an
excessive amount of storage would be helpful.

Thank You

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html