On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 14:38:10 -0300, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 04/05/2006
>   at 09:10 PM, "John S. Giltner, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>>Our director point to this as "see it's possible to migrate a large
>>scale applications off of a IBM mainframe and save money."
>
>It's also possible to migrate off of the mainframe and lose a lot of
>money. Some analysis up front might save some grief down the road.
>
>--
>     Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT
>     ISO position; see <http://patriot.net/~shmuel/resume/brief.html>
>We don't care. We don't have to care, we're Congress.
>(S877: The Shut up and Eat Your spam act of 2003)

I agree 100% and I have been trying to tell them that in the end we will be
spending much more money, but after two teams of conslutants have looked at
our system they say we will save money.  Of course both teams of conslutants
are biding to help us re-write and migrate.

Some of our board members have the idea that mainframe = expesnive and open
systems ("Intel") = cheap.  They have all had project to migrate some of
their applicatons off of mainframe, but they all are still running all of
their core applications on mainframes and their applications depend on the
data that we provide them.