----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne & Lynn Wheeler"
> Local Houston branch office group put out HASP type-III for some time
> before their was an official support formed in gburg and many of the
> people moved there ... and the name change to JES2

</snip>

Here are the "Types" - as I remember - as I remember being told by my
manager in a slightly irritated tone when I asked what "Type" meant over
lunch in a Chinese back shortly after I started with this stuff in 1967:

Type I (one) - IBM development-supplied operating system programming
Type II (two) - IBM development-supplied application programming
Type III (three) - IBM systems engineer-supplied application (or, sometimes,
as in the case of HASP, operating system) programming
Type IV (four) - Customer-supplied application programming

I, II and III at no extra charge and IV out of kindness for the community of
IBM users. Those were the days!

Also, for those not familiar with IBM geographical abbreviations, "gburg" =
Gaithersburg.(near Washington DC, in Maryland)

[1] I was responsible for encouraging one participant over the weekend so I
feel responsible. <g>

Chris Mason