On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 16:39 +0200, Max Scarpa wrote:

> I searched in the list some hint to see if having shared DASDs as we have
> is causing an overhead in our production jobs and in general. A paper of
> year 2005 says to avoid shared DASDs like plague.
>
> Someone else says there's no problem having shared DASD (as from DB2-L
> search) . Any experience/number about this topic ?

Max, DB2 is an absolute madhouse from the perspective of dataset
allocation. See Scotts post from a few days ago re GRS.
*IF* (big IF) you can guarantee that the volumes containing your
catalogs are *never* going to be varied online to another system,
consider genning them as non-SHARED as Bruce suggests. Think about the
share options as well if you decide to go this path.
Personally, I consider the potential data corruption too high a risk.
The cost of the (non-propogated) RESERVE is not that high IMHO.

Shane ...