I have batch Rexx execs that I use to dynamically create and submit JCL.
I can schedule the primary job through our scheduler, however, since the
primary job creates and submits the secondary job, the scheduler knows
nothing about it. Hence, the need to control the secondary job via an
alternate way.

What I do is let the primary job submit the secondary jobs on hold (via
TYPRUN=HOLD). I then use conditional JCL in each job to release my
secondary jobs.

For example, the following would be put at the end of a job. If the job
completed with a successful RC, then it releases another job.

//IFBAD    IF (RC EQ 0) THEN
//TRUE     EXEC PGM=COMMANDS,PARM=('$AJOBQ''OSSWLMD2''')
//IFBADEND ENDIF

The COMMANDS program was something I got off of the CBT tape long ago.
I'm sure there are many other programs out there that do the same thing.

I don't know if this approach has application in your situation, but I
thought I'd throw it out there. Perhaps you could use the REXX exec to
add the appropriate JCL based on what the user selected.

mike