In a recent note, McKown, John said:

> [...]
I experimented with this technique a couple years ago.  (IBM-MAIN,
Nov. 2004)  Sample sent privately to CM.  Even this might have
code page sensitivities.

> 7) In a UNIX shell (or BPXBATCH)
>    uudecode <filename.uuencode

BPXBATCH worked for me.  But I have a full OMVS segment.  Might
work with default user.

>         Note that the resulting file is named what you said in the
> uuencode in step 2.

I changed it in the "begin pathname" statement to "/dev/fd1" So
could pipe directly into "pax -r"

> 8) Now copy the "filename" to an MVS sequential file. OGET should work.
>
> 9) do a TSO RECEIVE INDATASET(...) to restore the contents of the PDS.

Or ALLOCATE INDD to the UNIX path and RECEIVE INDD().

> 10) make sure the client approves of the above.

The hard part.  Can Charles bill for the admin effort?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL