Here's an interesting phenomenon that perhaps some of you have observed, or
maybe not.  I've observed it when running in SRB mode and specifying
LINKAGE=BRANCH when using WTOs for messaging.  Perhaps someone can explain
what is going on here.

For situtation #1, my app is running in SRB mode, it physically resides in
ECSA, supervistor state, key 0.  I needed to do some debugging and added
some strategically placed WTOs.  It's a fast running process and many times
the WTOs would never externalize.   I finally figured out that if coded
SYNCH=YES on the WTO, I would see the WTOs in the job output.  However,
issuing the WTO with SYNCH=YES caused the app to run doggggy slow, and I
mean REALLY slooooooow.

Situation #2 is similar.  I'm testing z/XDC 1.7 SRB mode support, and I
coded up a simple SRB, run it in batch, forced it to abend.  I then got
control with z/XDC and starting stepping through my retry code.  I traced
around a WTO LINKAGE=BRANCH, jumped over to my other session to browse the
output (SDSF "DA"), but the WTO had not shown up.   I stepped through code
for a couple more minutes, exited the debugging session and then cancelled
the job.  I did not see the WTO in the job output until I cancelled the job.

So my question is, why does it take so long for the WTO to externalize?

Thanks, Todd

(By the way, the z/XDC testing is going great.  I can't remember how many
years I wanted a debugger for SRB mode...  Well, maybe I can... 15.  Picture
yourself instruction stepping through code, in supervisor state, key 0, SRB
mode, in an EUT=YES FRR, full cross memory mode.  It's amazing.   Thanks
Dave!)