But the vast majority of IBM references are by other applicants to IBM
publications and to non-IBM publications that happen to have IBM in the title.

  The vast majority of bathroom references are in the explanatory sections in
phrases like "...the system is idle when the trader is away from the terminal
(e.g., using the bathroom)..."

  Using the search page you found, there are 572 patents with IBM in the
assignee name (some are shared with other assignees) and none contain the word
bathroom in any field.

Avram Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    snip
I did a quick search at the US patent office for granted patents that
contain the word "IBM" and the word "Bathroom" since 1974.

The search page is http://patft1.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html

got 104 hits

I did not search the applied but published data base
nor did I search the trademark data base

  Don't think IBM and Bathroom do not appear together in patent
applications!!!