At 15:51 -0700 on 04/18/2006, Ray Mullins wrote about Re: What's the linkage editor really wants?:

Well, I just took some time to test REP using the documented format from
z/VSE.

And, alas, in z/OS, it doesn't work - neither with the binder nor the
linkage editor (HEWLKED).

Too bad, actually...I could see some usefulness, although there are lots of
other ways around this, and I don't know if this actually solves a real
need.

Later,
Ray

As I noted in a prior reply, the minimal time needed to do a reassembly (after correcting the source deck) as well as the ability to do the correction in the Load/Program module (in the absence of a Source Deck to reassemble) removes an real need to fool with the object deck by use of the REP card. This is probably why the support for this Object Deck Card Type has been removed. Also relevant is that the REP Card format is obsolete since ESD IDs are now allowed to be over 255 and the REP format had a built-in 255 max for that field (see the layout in Chris Mason's message in the Binder REP Card thread ).