----- Original Message ----
From: "Cox, Dave" [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Works quite well here where we get JES2 down ( we forget about Z EOD
> here - I was shocked that they did not do it here, but have gotten used
> to it ), and follow steps 1 through 4 manually.  It doesn't take me any
> time at all to carefully go through those steps.

> Interesting idea of automating beyond JES2-down state.

Dave,
there's nothing wrong in following steps 1 to 4 manually. However, steps 3 and
4 must be executed without ANY delay, otherwise the whole sysplex will hang.
Specifically, system reset must be executed only after the LPAR goes in wait
state 0A2. Once the LPAR is reset, then the DOWN reply follows. If you delay
the reply for whatever reason, the other LPARs in the sysplex will hang. This
is the reason why I'd rather automated both steps, leaving SFM to do this. What
I still miss, is if SFM can automate the reply to IXC102A, or an automation
package must step in.

Walter Marguccio