-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Skip Robinson
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 6:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: PK09700 for High Level Assembler

Yesterday (4/19) I stumbled on a problem with virtual storage in High
Level Assembler. The problem surfaced in 1.5 because SYSUT1 was
eliminated, presumably in the interest of performance.
Unfortunately, some
gigantic programs require gigantic region sizes to assemble entirely in
memory. The program that caused me grief? SHOWMVS!

I got around the problem by specifying REGION=128M, way larger than any
assembly I've ever done. At the same time, I began tracking open APAR
PK09700, which suggested that IBM might reinstate SYSUT1. Lo
and behold,
PK09700 closed today. There's a new parm to control use of
SYSUT1 and some
new messages.