In a recent note, john gilmore said:

> Date:         Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:47:02 +0000
>
> STCKCONV and CONVTOD both use a table, the current instance of which can be
> examined on page 7-189 of the z/Architecture principles of operation
> publ.ication, SA-227632-04.  (Worth noting is that this manual, published in
> 2005 September, already included the EOY 2005 leap-second entry.)

Hmmm.  I've thought about this more.  Surely there are z/OS releases
which went to field before IERS announced that leap second, and which
remain under support subsequent to that leap second.  z/OS 1.6 likely
fits.  For those releases, the table must have been updated after
GA.  I'd guess this is by PTF.  But a search of IBMLink for STCKCONV,
CONVTOD, and "leap second" severally finds no likely suspects.  Just
curious, but does anyone know the PTF ID, or if not by PTF, how was
it done?  Is the table extended automatically by the same process
that updates CVTLSO on command from the ETR?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL