In a message dated 4/24/2006 11:40:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>when was the last time a paid mainframe employee flew "Business  Class" at
>company
>expense?
October, 1998 was my last time.  It all depends on who your  employer is, how
profitable they are, their travel policy, and how far the  trip is.  I flew
from Boston to Johannesburg, my employer was  extremely profitable, and I
qualified under their policy because flying  each way took about 18 hours.  It
was
wonderful.  And I had a lot  more than a free orange juice; e.g., there was
free food and booze in the  exclusive waiting lounges at Logan and Heathrow.

>You get there just  the same, but pay 60% more and get a free orange juice.
You also have a LOT more leg room, elbow room, comfort in general, and
storage space for carry-on items.

Bill  Fairchild