From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of McKown, John
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Adding LPARs without POR

Huh? There is no MSU cost for an IFL LPAR. IFLs do not count towards
your z/OS software cost at all. If an LPAR is DEACTIVATED, then it has
no "cost" at all. It does not take up CPU cycles (PR/SM ignores it) and
it does not have any memory assigned to it. Just a few bytes in the HSA
to define it. Very minimal. Or am I off in left field again?

--
John McKown