Ted MacNEIL wrote:

Here's how you do it on a z800. On the "Partitions" tab of the Reset Profile,
you specify the order in which the partitions are activated. If no order is specified for
a partition, it is not activated.

That makes sense!
Simple!

We didn't have the option on the z/900's of three years ago.

I assume/hope it's in the z/890, z/990, z9, and whatever is due to be announced?

IMHO it is available for years.
For sure it is on z9, z/990, z/900, z/800.
I believe it was on G5 and even G3 (however it's been a few years since I worked on it).

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland