In a recent note, Charles Mills said:

> Date:         Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:40:24 -0700
>
> The //DD: option also supports DD * and SYSOUT, and all of those other
> wonderful little features of JCL like DEFER and RLSE and so forth.

I know I had a lot of trouble when //DD: referred to an allocation
of PATH='/dev/fd/n'.  FTP didn't want to respect the attributes
I specified on the DD statement.  It seems if it can't find them
in the DSCB, it doesn't believe they're there, or it really has
cognitive difficulty with //DD: referring to an HFS file.  Some
of this was fixed by APAR, but not quite to my satisfaction.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL