"Now you can get JCL errors AND viruses right on the same machine."

You always could -  ex: the "Christmas Tree Virus" which was probably more
of a "worm" on VM/Profs  which I'm sure affected some machines with MVS
guests (and it's old enough that it was called MVS then I believe,
possibly MVS/XA or /ESA but still MVS).

It's just a lot harder to do, and a LOT  harder to infect the operating
system itself. Applications, however, are probably easier.

Tim Hare
Senior Systems Programmer
Florida Department of Transportation
(850) 414-4209