Thanks for the help on and off the list. We're almost there.

After the TSS admins reloaded certificates and did whatever else they did,
I finally got to a point
where I got this message:

GIM69198S ** CERTIFICATE SMPCERT WAS NOT FOUND CONNECTED TO KEY RING
             userid/SMPE_USER_KEYRING.

The explanation of this message led me to the fact the SMPCERT was NOT the
label they
had given the certificate.

After changing SMPCERT to the label they gave it I am now getting:

GIM69207S ** THE CONNECTION WITH THE SERVER FAILES.
java.net.ConnectException:
                    java.net.ConnectException: EDC8127I Connection timed
out.

Firewall group confirm they are blocking access to
https://eccgw01.boulder.ibm.com/services/projects/ecc/ws/
so I have a request to get this and the alternate address opened up.

Maybe next week I will finally be able to get service downloaded.

Alan