i did some modification in the routers but still we have the problem.
i noticed that if the the line quality is not good, the session dropped.
in the past, the NCP can handle the unstablity of the the line. i don 't know excactly how it can synchronise with the speed of modem(the modem decreases from 24k to 9.6 k).

From: Chris Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: intermittently session failure
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 14:50:54 +0200

Abdullah,

Please post the NCP definition of a typical 3174, that is the GROUP, LINE
and PU statements (don't bother about LU statements). Also post the
specifications you have used with your Cisco machine software - is it SNASw
with DLSw+ perhaps?

I assume the 3274 control units worked quite happily with NCP/3745 so the
3174 customization is perfectly usable.

It may be that the idle polling from the primary side, the Cisco machine, is
too infrequent.

Chris Mason