Hi List,

We have our z/OS consoles in a secure environment and a very small
operations staff so we've never bothered setting up console logons.
However, due to some coming changes, we will need to activate this.  I
have read the RACF security administrator's guide and it appears as
though the activation is fairly straightforward.  However, I have a
question on how it actually works.  From the system commands manual, it
appears as though the operator remains logged on until a logoff command
is issued.  Is there any kind of inactivity timeout available for this?
Being the operators are used to not logging on or off, my concern is
they may log on at IPL time (about twice per year) and never log back
off.

Are there any "gotcha's" somebody could point out to me?

TIA

Rex