One thing a co-worker found out a few years ago before I was here. You better
put a cap on the amount of ESTOR that can be used for Hiperbatch!

Which brings up a good point.  If z/OS 1.x and running on in 64bit mode, can
one use Hiperbatch?  Doesn't Hiperbatch require Estor?

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 5/2/2006 3:47:25 PM >>>
Ron and Jenny Hawkins wrote:
[...]
> Finally, if the datasets is 4-5GB and you want to have a ton of jobs read it
> as fast as possible, then on HDS storage consider putting the file in
> FlashAccess if you have HDS Arrays. This is functionally the same as Solid
> State Disk (remember those), and it won't matter what sort of disk and
> parity scheme you are using.

Last but not least: dataset in DASD box cache can any type you want,
while Hiperbatch is limited to SAM and ESDS (AFAIR) organizations.
Ron, can you provide some operational details, how-to do it?
Should I define a volume in cache ?
Can I tell the machine "this volume have to be whole in cache" ?

--

Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland