All,

A few (IMHO) clever syprogs I've worked with simply had a small, empty
"emergency" PDS at the head of linklist. New or zapped modules were simply
put there followed by an LLA refresh. Subsequent linklist searches would
pick up the new modules from this library.

The changed modules would be retrofitted to the appropriate library and the
emergency library emptied at next maintenance IPL. Is this still a valid
practice?

Something that is not clear to me. A zapped module is updated in place,
therefore it seems to me that an LLA Refresh is not required as the
directory has not changed. Is this correct?

Another thing that is not clear to me: an LLA Refresh does not cause VLF you
throw away all it's cached linklist members, correct? If so, then how is a
zapped module invalidated in VLF if the directory is not changed? Is there
some sort of notify event from the Zap?

Ron