On Tue, 9 May 2006 09:31:51 +0200, Barbara Nitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Liliane,
>
>not to burst your bubble, but I have a dim recollection that the ITEM
>NAME(SMDUPLEX) statement is necessary for some other functionality,
>regardless of presence/absence of a CF. You have to have the statement to
be
>able to use another functionality (but I forgot which).

Took me a bit to remember why I did it... but the brain cells finally
started working.  The other functionality I was interested in was
updating a logstream's attributes while it was still connected.  I think
it also enabled the use of EHLQ.

I guess it would make more sense for all the couple data set format
flavors to have some sort of level pararmeter, i.e.  "LEVEL(ZOSV1R3)"
instead of the level being controlled by what version of the OS
runs the utility or by a different parm.  But when has MVS made
sense.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group