Aaron Walker wrote:
IBM offers a (hopefully pretty slick) class called z/OS System Services Structure. At this point, I don't have much hope in attending. One of the goals of the class is:

Explain the z/OS BCP functions and control blocks necessary to support a task in a multi-tasking and multi-processing environment Where can I find this in a book or online? I have a decent library, and I've not been able to locate much on TCBs, SRBs, and the other Bs.

Thanks,
Aaron

If you go to

http://www.trainersfriend.com/General_content/Book_site.htm

and select the first pdf file in the list, that doc has
some info that might be of interest in the first, say,
90 pages or so.

The IBM Data Areas manual describe the control blocks in
quite a bit of detail. Also the Assembler Services Guide
and the Assembler Services Reference (vols. 1 & 2) give
narratives (Guide) and syntax rules (Services).

You might also simply go to sys1.maclib and read the
control block descriptions in macros whose names
start with IHA... which are typically the mapping
macros for various control blocks.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock