In a message dated 5/12/2006 2:37:17 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

That is  not entirely the same, reading EREP reports is done once a day at
most and a  unit can start swapping at some point during the day and you need
analyze  this at that moment. We had one last week that broke down at 14.00
and refused  to read any tape

Yeah I guess. Used to be a science to predictive behaviour and preventative
maintenance. Think CE's used HONE for tracking and depot inventory was
partially  based on machine type and error rate.
All disposable these days.....