Scenario:
I have a zFS multi-volume aggregate defined and mounted at  /service  .
File is allocated as CYL(500 500) to hold initial data and starts at 1
extent of 500 cylinders.
User starts adding data to the file system so it continues to grow to
over 60,000 cylinders but storage pool can handle it so no problem. User
then decides to delete all the data but zFS still keeps the space, it's
just empty now. Since the file is mounted it will never be migrated by
HSM and the space is just basically "wasted".  Even if I could migrate
it, won't HSM just backup and then restore the same 60,000 cylinders
when it is recalled? Is there anyway to "shrink" this back down to the
original allocation of 500 cylinders automagically when the file is
basically empty?
How are people handling this?
Dennis