>What this tells me is that your FTP batch must operate in the "z/OS UNIX"
>environment since only there can /etc/hosts be in the search order for the
>"local host table".
>This is surprising since only TSO FTP is supposed to use the "z/OS UNIX"
>environment while FTP (batch) - rather puzzlingly under the header
>"Communications Server TSO commands" - is supposed to use the "MVS"
>environment.

I thought all three instances of the FTP client actually used the same
program.  That program could obviously use different socket APIs for
different invocations, but I bet it doesn't.  I bet the doc is out of date.

Maybe we should move this over to the TCP/IP Listserver for clarification.
We might get one of the desingers or developers to comment.

Pat O'Keefe