Have you taken a look at InfoPrint Server?  It has two components which can
make your life much easier.  Using Netspool and IP/Printway you can capture
your VTAM based printout and direct it to a printer with an IP address.  You
might not even need to make changes to the application if you re-use the
VTAM LU names.

LRS VPS and Mackinney are two other possibilities.