Hi Clark,

Check the IBM doc of course for the definitive documentation.  We found
that we needed to make the CHIN non-swappable as well in order to
protect it from being swapped out shortly after IPL when all subsystems
were coming up at once or when we were doing large scale subsystem
recycles.  MQ doesn't use a lot of resources but needs to provide timely
response to requests passing through between clients and CICS so we run
it as an IMP 1 workload with a healthy velocity 65 (some will say too
high works well for us).

PPT PGMNAME(CSQYASCP)
       CANCEL
       KEY(7)
       NOSWAP
       NOPRIV
       DSI
       PASS
       SYST
       AFF(NONE)
       NOPREF

PPT  PGMNAME(CSQXJST)
     CANCEL
     KEY(8)
     NOSWAP

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

Sattinger's Law: It works better if you plug it in.