On Wed, 17 May 2006 13:53:06 +0000, Dave Salt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Mark,
>
>It's my understanding that hlq.SEAGLPA should be attached to the LPA (hence
>the name), while hlq.SEAGALT (i.e. the 'Alternate' REXX runtime library)
>should be attached to the LINKLIST. As the LPA is searched ahead of the
>LINKLIST, this ensures compiled REXX runs via SEAGLPA (i.e. at optimal
>efficiency), while interpreted REXX runs via SEAGALT in the LINKLIST. This
>has nothing to do with changes to z/OS; as far as I know, we've been doing
>it this way since at least OS/390 2.10.

There is no SEAGLPA with the alternate library... just runtime.

I had thought this was part of z/OS base product, but looking back at
our serverpac PGMDIR it says:

Netview for z/OS          QM000016 REXX Alternate Library

Since we've always had Netview, I guess that is why we get the
alternate library.  Here is the info in the pgmdir:

        Program Directory for
  IBM SAA REXX/370 Alternate Library

  Release 03, Modification Level 00
       Program Number 5695-014
        FMIDs HWJ9133, JWJ9134
             for Use with
                OS/390

      Document Date: March, 2001

So as a previous poster already said, I guess you have to order it.

Cheers,

Mark
--
Mark Zelden
Zurich North America / Farmers Insurance Group