On Wed, 17 May 2006 09:22:41 -0500, Staller, Allan wrote:

>At the price quited in the article, I *DO NOT* forsee a stampeded to
>purchase the product.

I disagree.  The price ($60K USD) doesn't seem unreasonable since it snips
itself in automatically -- no JCL changes needed.  That is very much UNlike
the earlier IBM product, which not only needs JCL changes but in many cases
requires extra steps to be inserted.  (To me a minor JCL change like, say,
adding "SUBSYS=USPY" to a DD statement is less work/trouble than adding new
steps to the same job.  Others may disagree.)

Whether the automatic inclusion thingy actually works all of the time is
another matter, but software bugs like that would usually get worked out
fairly quickly.

Based upon Mr. Salt's dissertation of a few days back (and Mr. Mills'
comments afterward) I would think that $60K is an introductory price.

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI