We have released a new set of free tools for z/OS on our website,
http://dovetail.com

Dataset Pipes for z/OS
=================
Features:
o Pipe input to an MVS dataset (todsn)
o Pipe output from an MVS dataset ( fromdsn)
o Remote open-source SSH client commands (todsn-ssh and fromdsn-ssh)
o Remote SSH Java Api
o Supports text or binary conversion via flexible line-termination rules
o Supports flexible record padding / overflow rules
o Codepage translation via high-performance z/OS conversion services
o Specify additional open options and dynamic allocation keywords
o User and/or system profile can be used to automatically supply
conversion options
  based dataset name matching.Here are some examples from the online cookbook:

Some examples from the online cookbook:

Copy to an MVS dataset, overriding target DCB attributes:
    cat /home/user/myfile | todsn -o 'recfm=fb,lrecl=80' MVS1.DATASET1

Download an MVS dataset over an SSH connection (Windows):
    fromdsn-ssh  [EMAIL PROTECTED] -l crlf -t iso8859-1
mvs1.input.dataset > c:\data.txt

Copy an MVS dataset from one z/OS system to another over an SSH connection:
    fromdsn -k -l rdw  mvs1.input.dataset | todsn-ssh
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -l rdw mvs2.output.dataset

Copy one MVS dataset to another using the same attributes:
    fromdsn mvs1.input.dataset | todsn -x 'new
like(mvs1.input.dataset)' mvs1.output.dataset

The package and documentation are available for download at
http://www.dovetail.com, and are licensed under the Apache 2 license.

The package is a beta release at this point; we would appreciate any
comments and suggestions on the forum at http://dovetail.com/forum

Kirk Wolf and Steve Goetze
Dovetailed Technologies
http://dovetail.com