Paul Gilmartin wrote:
In a recent note, "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" said:

Date:         Thu, 18 May 2006 09:09:37 -0300

That's not my experience; I've seen all too many programmers ignoring
useful ISPF enhancements for many releases. In some cases they will
try them once they see ... me using them, but in other cases they won't
because it's not what they're used to.

Likewise, I'm astonished at how many SDSF users persist in using
PREFIX instead of OWNER (shades of TSO OUTPUT!  I stopped prefixing
my job names with my TSO ID as soon as I learned of OWNER),
H instead of ST, and 'S' instead of '?'.  And somewhat less
astonished at how many aren't even aware of these alternatives.

-- gil

Well, and my own private agony: no managers will
pay for ISPF training (which is one of the places
I discuss SDSF, (E)JES, IOF, etc.): "our people
already know it."

Right.

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock