Date:    Wed, 17 May 2006 02:52:14 -0400
From:    Jim Mulder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: SUBSYS and VSAM

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 05/04/2006
03:32:36 PM:

> According to an old doc [SSI in MVS/SP], when a user opens a DCB against
> SUBSYS dd, SAM-SI [part of the SAM access] converts it into an ACB
[which
> is presented to the SSI routines] and then maps the response back to the

> original DCB.
>
> Anybody knows what happens if the user opens a VSAM ACB against a SUBSYS
dd
> [like when using BLSR]?

  The BLSR SSI Open routine is presented with a key 5 copy of the ACB
being
opened.  I don't know what gets mapped back into the original ACB, because

BLSR doesn't modify the key 5 copy, and doesn't depend on anything getting
getting mapped back.  My knowledge of SUBSYS processing is limited to
what BLSR does.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY

_
and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of
the
attachments from your system.