-- snip ---
 Each DFHSM has a unique hostid and both have HOST=MAIN,
CDSR=YES and CDSSHR=YES defined in the startup parms. As the book
suggests, I am running both images with the same ARCCMD00 member which has
both automigration and autobackup defined for most of the shared volumes.
Aside from the occasional RESERVE contention error it works ok but I would
like only one image (OS/390) to do the autobackups. The z/OS image doesn't
have the necessary tape drives attached yet. Is there a way to set the two
DFHSM hosts up so the backup (and possibly the automigration) process is
done by only one image?
--- snip ---

Have you looked at the ONLYIF HSMHOST(id) construct?

John