In a recent note, Beesley, Paul said:

> Date:         Thu, 18 May 2006 16:34:34 +0100
>
> /* REXX */
> gpmstcsi = arg(1)
> "ispexec vget (zapplid)"
> if zapplid <> "SMPE" then
>    "ispexec select cmd(%DOSMPE" gpmstcsi") newappl(SMPE)"
> << Change DOSMPE to whatever you save this rexx as
> "ispexec vput (gpmstcsi)"
> "ispexec select PGM(GIMISCV) NEWAPPL(SMPE) NOCHECK PASSLIB"
> exit

Thanks.  Very much what I was seeking.  One small glitch: it
invokes the SMP/E dialog twice.  This seems to concern the code:

    "ispexec vget (zapplid)"
    if zapplid <> "SMPE" then
       "ispexec select cmd(%DOSMPE" gpmstcsi") newappl(SMPE)"
    << Change DOSMPE to whatever you save this rexx as

I changed this to:

    "vget (zapplid)"
    if zapplid <> "SMPE" then do
         parse source sys invoked exfn exft exfm excmd subenv .
        "select cmd(%"exfn gpmstcsi") newappl(SMPE)"
        exit( RC );  end

... which seems to help.  I haven't the slightest idea what "zapplid"
or "newappl" are about, nor what I'm doing in general.  I think
those are questions for ISPF-L

I put "address 'ISPEXEC'" up front, rather than in each command.

> You may have to allocate SMPTABL if your logon proc doesn't do it, and
> libdef the other ISPF libraries

Is this superfluous if I intend to use this only as a DSLIST prefix
command?

Thanks again,
gil
--