Edward Jaffe wrote:

>Doc Farmer wrote:
>> How do you route Console or Syslog messages to an off-mainframe server
>> (Unix or Windows)?  Some of our techies here want to consolidate various
>> logs from different platforms, and they don't want to do a dataset
>> transfer in batch mode but a message-to-message (live) data transfer.
(I
>> know that SMF will need to be batch, but I think we can live with that
>> one...)
>>

>What you do is exactly what OPERLOG does. You write a program. Have it
>start its own EMCS console, with the appropriate attributes to properly
>capture the so-called "hardcopy" message set, and then send those
>messages wherever you want via TCP/IP to a partner program on the other
>platform. You could potentially even use ftp in append mode every 'n'
>messages or every 'n' seconds.
>
>--
>Edward E Jaffe

The exact set of messages emitted to SYSLOG is available via the
CNZ_MSGTOSYSLOG exit point.  This exit was introduced to z/OS 1.4.2 (aka
1.4.0 + the Console Feature) and above via APAR OA10401.  There is no
analogous exit routine for OPERLOG.

Scott Fagen
z/OS Core Technology Design
IBM Poughkeepsie