Hi, All,

In conjunction with our upcoming datacenter and CPU upgrades, we're
looking for information regarding what kind of hardware (PC-type) and
software (TN3270E-capable) would minimally be necessary.  We already
license Bluezone from Seagull Software as our "shop standard" for
"normal" terminal access to z/OS, and from the specs I've seen from our
z9 provider Bluezone should suffice for the remote consoles as well.
Any advice or comments to the contrary on that?

For the hardware, we've been informed that we should avoid running "too
many MVS consoles" unless we have a "fast processor", and that "IBM
stopped supporting more than two [consoles] on the MP3000, which was a
Pentium 400."  Well, nowadays it would be difficult to find a PC that
slow, so I wonder what would constitute a "fast processor" today?  Also,
how much RAM should we specify?  We need the capability to run at least
three MVS consoles, though we might tolerate a little "sluggishness" on
the techie sandbox console.

TIA,

    -jc-