they are part of the same dataset. i like this ..don't change it ibm..

"R.S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
05/22/2006 04:08 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: DSLIST "Include Additional Qualifiers"

Paul Gilmartin wrote:

> In ISPF DSLIST, I enter as "Dsname Level" the pattern,
> "USER.**.CSI", and deselect "Include Additional Qualifiers".
> The display presented shows such as:
>
>           USER.XYZ.GLOBAL.CSI *VSAM*
>           USER.XYZ.GLOBAL.CSI.DATA VOL999
>           USER.XYZ.GLOBAL.CSI.INDEX VOL999
>
> Does this make sense?  Why is it showing me additional qualifiers
> when I excluded them?

Isn't it because the entries are components of the cluster selected ?
AFAIK DSLIST will show you a component name even if it doesn't fit the
pattern.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

This electronic mail message, and any of the accompanying
documents, may contain confidential or privileged information. Any
unauthorized disclosure or distribution of such information is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the
message. Messages sent through electronic media may be subject to
delays or unauthorized alterations. Neither The Bank of Tokyo-
Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd. nor any of its affiliates is responsible for
any such delay or alteration. This message may contain a commercial
advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service. If
you do not wish to receive messages of this kind from the sender in
the future, please reply to this message and type "REMOVE MY EMAIL
ADDRESS" in the subject field, or write to the sender at 1251
Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020-1104.