On Mon, 22 May 2006 00:00:00 GMT, Ted MacNEIL
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>You made the blanket statement that, "Auditors neither make rules,
>>nor enforce them."  No one has disagreed with you that it *should* be
>>as you describe, but your insistance that it *is* reveals your naivete.
>
>It's not naïveté.
>It has given me the cajones to tell the auditors to find somebody
>who cares.
>
>I do what is required but I don't do a Ferengee cringe everytime I
>see an auditor.

Same here.

>I've learned that if you treate them as toothless, they can't bite.
>Whenever they tell me that something is against the rules, I ask for
>the documentation.
>When they tell me I must, I say "on whose authority"?

I've done the same, many times.  I've also been in a position where
the corporate culture was to never question the auditors.  BTW, I've
also shown auditors real exposures to help management justify the
cost of closing them.

>The only time (since I've learned this), I have problems is when my
>boss blinks.

My point exactly.  It requires the support of management.