BTW: Bruce mentioned CF structures as link option for GRS *ring*.
Isn't it mistake ?
I only heard (and used) about structure for GRS *star* mode.
I was also surprised to read that but it is very clear. Apparently if you are forced to use a ring, because you have more than one sysplex, you can still use the CF to communicate between systems in each plex, but I guess you need some other method to go between the plexes. I didn't read far enough into the GRS manual to get to the details, but this stuff is pretty well laid out in the first few chapters of the GRS Planning Guide.

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR