Hi,
We pre-allocate a dataset *without* EXPDT
(trust me there are good reasons why we don't set a EXPDT hic et nunc at
pre-allocation time, which I'm not going to elaborate upon).
Looking into SMS confirms: Expiration date . . : ***None***
In a next SyncSort step we use that dataset as
//SORTOUT DD DSN=...bla.bla.bla...,DISP=OLD,EXPDT=filled-in
i.e. with an expiration date set in the JCL this time.
This EXPDT setting is *NOT* honoured.
Is this WAD (Working As Designed) with SyncSort?
*
We think indeed it is a 'problem' with SyncSort.
We did another test with a pre-allocation without *EXPDT* and with another
program + EXPDT, in this case the EXPDT *got* honoured.
*
Frank (Yaeger),
Any idea how the IBM DFSORT handles this?
*
We are contacting SyncSort too in parallel, but you guys can possibly
(probably!) share your experience on this?!
Jan