In a recent note, "(IBM Mainframe Discussion List)" said:

> Date:         Wed, 24 May 2006 08:08:43 EDT
>
> In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on  05/23/2006
> at 12:05 PM, David  Speake  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
> >The group in my shop  responsible for care and feeding of this product
> >contend that the vendor  has told them that "Since the product is LE
> >compliant, it cannot write  into a dataset that has been generated by
> >the IEFBR14  utility".
>
> >In a message dated 5/24/2006 7:02:48 A.M. Central Daylight  Time,
> shmuel+ibm->[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> What are they smoking?
>
> It could be that the group in his shop OR the vendor is the one that's been
> smoking the cluelessness-inducing substance.  Or maybe both clusters.   I have
> encountered some clueless vendors.

o Find out whether it's "the group in his shop" or the vendor.

o If the vendor and the restriction explicitly cites IEFBR14,
  torment their tech support, repeatedly if necessary, with
  questions such as:

      If not IEFBR14, may I use a trivial invocation of some
      other program, such as IKJEFT01 with only "LOGOFF"
      in SYSTSIN, and "DD DISP=NEW" to create the data set?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL