I found the problem.  It was tucked away in the output listing:

  FDR309**  DDNAME=DISKONL2,VOL=SER=INST54 NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AUTO BACKUP

  Is there a way of posting an error message i.e. FDRxxxE instead?  I was able
to find the problem only by looking at the EXCP counts for all the volumes in
the JES output log.  Since the volume in question did not have any listed (it
was blank in that column) I assumed that it was this volume which had the
problem.  I was right for a change.

  For the future is there an easier way to find the error instead of looking
EXCP counts?

Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls  with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.