John Chase wrote on 05/24/2006 06:06:19 AM:

> We "combine" all four environments for DFSORT into a single USERMOD now.
> No problems.  We don't yet make enough use of ICETOOL to change any of
> the delivered defaults, but when that time comes I expect we'll code
> just one USERMOD for its four environments, too.

ICETOOL doesn't have separate environments.  JCL covers direct invocation
of DFSORT (e.g. PGM=ICEMAN).  INV covers program invocation of DFSORT.  TSO
and TSOINV cover TSO.  ICETOOL's use of DFSORT is covered by the INV
environment. The TD1-TD4 environments allow you to modify the other
environments to cover time-of-day changes.

For complete details, see "z/OS DFSORT Installation and Customization".
Here's a link to the relevant info:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ICE1CI00/2.2?DT=20031124122307

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM)
 Specialties: PARSE, JFY, SQZ, ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration

 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/