I don't know if your level of XMITIP supports creating password protected
PDFs, but that is how I send some reports from a z/VM system to user's
email. I use a TXT2PDF program that takes mainframe generated linemode
reports and packages them as password (128 bit) protected PDFs. I then ship
the PDF to the approriate user's email. The user just sees a regular email
with a PDF attachment and when they open the PDF they get prompted by Adobe
for the password. After they enter the password they see the report and can
print it as they wish.

My understanding is that this TXT2PDF program was created from a component
of XMITIP.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211