Hello John,

I believe a lot of confusion has been caused by the original formatting of
your command:

>   DUMP  DATASET(INCLUDE(IST*.**    -
>                     MED*.**   -
>                     X*.**     -
>                     Y*.**     -
>                     Z*.**     -
>                     SRT.**    -
>                     SYS*.**   -
>                     TEMP.**   -
>                     *SYSUT*.**)  -
>     BY(CREDT,LT,*,-1,DSORG,NE,VSAM)) -
>     LOGINDDNAME(DASD) -
>     OUTDD(TAPE) OPT(4) ALLDATA(*) ALLEXCP -
>     TOL(ENQF)

I would have coded these as:-

>   DUMP  DATASET(INCLUDE(            -         <== changed
                      IST*.**         -         <== changed
>                     MED*.**         -
>                     X*.**           -
>                     Y*.**           -
>                     Z*.**           -
>                     SRT.**          -
>                     SYS*.**         -
>                     TEMP.**         -
>                     *SYSUT*.**      -         <== changed
                                )     -         <== changed - end INCLUDE
>     BY(CREDT,LT,*,-1,DSORG,NE,VSAM) -
                                    ) -         <== changed - end DATASET
>     LOGINDDNAME(DASD) -
>     OUTDD(TAPE) OPT(4) ALLDATA(*) ALLEXCP -
>     TOL(ENQF)

By formatting the end ) on separate lines, it makes it very easy to
validate the parmaters and parentheses on the BY statement.

I believe you already have changed the BY statement to be

      BY((CREDT,LT,(*,-1)),(DSORG,NE,(VSAM))) -

Regards
Bruce Hewson